Hello from #2 Irene Cheng (鄭秀文)
5 things to know about me!
Hello Internet World, my name is Irene Cheng and I am born and raised in Vancouver. Here are 5 things to know about me for starters. Perhaps get comfy with a cup of coffee...
1. I have 2 dogs that I absolutely love and adore. They’re brats but I love them anyway. Happy is a Yorkie/Chihuahua mix at 8 years old and Lucky is a 4 year old maltese. They both have their own quirks to their personalities but you can imagine “Pinky” and “The Brain” if you’ve ever seen that movie! (Guess who is Pinky and who is The Brain)
LUCKY AND HAPPY (above) COMPARED TO... PINKY & THE BRAIN (below)
2. My dad is from Hong Kong and my mom is from Laos, a small country near Thailand. My sister and I have grown up with our mom so though we speak Cantonese (sometimes Chinglish too), we mainly have a Western, Thai, Laos, Vietnamese, Cambodian, and the occasional Chinese influence in our culture. And by culture, I really mean food!
Food is regularly served like this at home in a salad roll/wrap style. Its a Hands-On Experience.
PS. I know many of you see that my Chinese name is the exact same as a talented and widely famous celebrity - I promise you it is a coincidence.
3. It was hard for me to find my identity because I’m not the best at anything, but I can safely say I am good and possibly great at many things. I am always up to try new things and explore new hobbies. Volleyball, volunteer work, and coaching have always been in my life but recently I have tried kickboxing and Ultimate Frisbee. Venture through our beautiful BC and you will find activities to enjoy.
Me and my Besties at Coquitlam's DVC Gun Range for a Birthday celebration. Ft. SloMo, our firearms expert
Lucky did much more exploring than I did at Belcarra Park, Coquitlam
Summer 2016 PFAC's First Grass Volleyball R4's Tournament with photo credits to Benny Lin. Check out Play For a Cause - a nonprofit organization dedicated to raising money and awareness for worthy causes, founded by some of my buddies.
4. Family and friends mean a lot to me. My best friends, my mom, my sister, and my dogs are my rocks… sometimes they can be boulders but I have unconditional love for them.
Me at my grad this year with family! (yes... my sister made a lifesize cut out of my face, you see it right!) #GradSFU #FallConvo2016 #BPK
A couple years ago at a TFC 24 hour volleyball tournament - it was 24 hours long but worth the #1 win!!
My Children after being groomed was forced into a photograph before he rolls in the dirt again. Literally.
5. My philosophy: A Healthy life is about balance, progress, and purpose. At this moment in life I have no particular career path to follow but I know my purpose is to go where I can gain invaluable life experience. I think MCVP brings me far beyond my comfort zone but also is a worthwhile learning experience for me to mature and meet some talented and caring girls.
Did you enjoy our encounter? Irene + the Internet and a little self introduction on my end. For those of you who are reading this I would enjoy reading a little about yourself too!
Until next time,
ໂຊກດີເດີ້ ..sôhk dii der.. buh-bye in Laos.